Forgot Windows password and don’t have a password reset disk? Windows has a built-in password reset feature, which allows you to reset forgotten Windows password easily. But you need to create a password reset disk before you forget Windows password. But Many people may not be aware of do the preparation, so they tend to run into the situation of forgetting Windows password without reset disk.
Here we’ll discuss on how to reset Windows 8/7/Vista/XP password easily if you forgot Windows password and don’t have a password reset disk. So you can regain access to your computer without formatting or reinstalling the entire operating system.
How to Reset Forgotten Windows Password without Reset Disk?
First of all, choose a software tool that can help you solve this forgotten Windows password problem. If you don’t have option in front of you, PCUnlocker is recommended. It will let you boot your computer and reset the password without changing anything else on your computer. Here are the steps:
- Download the self-extracting Zip file of PCUnlocker program.
- Unzip the download file, there is an ISO image: pcunlocker.iso. Burn it onto a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive using ISO2Disc or any CD/DVD burning software you like.
- Boot your locked computer from the CD or USB flash drive.
- Wait until the boot process is complete. When a window pops up with all your Windows user accounts, select an user account and then click the “Reset Password” button.
- It will reset your forgotten Windows password immediately.
Now all things are done, reboot the computer as usual and you can get into the system without being asking for any password. The forgotten Windows password has been removed. If you are about to set a new password, make sure it’s safe and you’ll never forget it again.